These open coil heaters are intended for use in commercial and industrial processes only, not residential or commercial HVAC. The standard shape of a process duct heater is square, but rectangular duct heaters are common as custom-built units. Round heaters are also possible for unique applications. Our pre-designed square duct heater is offered in 6”, 12”, 22” & 36” sizes.
- Rugged, efficient, open coil heating elements offer the capability to heat large volumes of process air with fast warm-ups and cool-downs.
- Our open frame design provides low pressure drops with no build up of excessive temperatures and the low static pressures allow you to use smaller, more economical blowers.
- Coils are exposed directly to air flow enabling immediate inline heat transfer from wire to air while remaining relatively cool themselves.
- A range of sizes are available to meet your specific needs - including voltages up to 480 volts - single and three phase.
- Tutco-Farnam industrial duct heaters have a long history of trouble free service and are easy to install.
- Horizontal mounting preferred.
Learn more in the Engineer Talk article by Jerry Sain, Duct Heaters Overview.
See an example of a custom duct heater solution.
If you desire a custom solution not available in standard models use the Product Builder below or contact us and be sure to describe your custom requirements.